Status Anxiety discusses the desire of people in many modern societies to “climb the social ladder” and the anxieties that result from a focus on how one is perceived by others. De Botton claims that chronic anxiety about status is an inevitable side effect of any democratic, ostensibly egalitarian society. De Botton lays out the causes of and solutions to status anxiety.
- EU’s Coronavirus Christmas Rules: No Communal Singing, Televised Church Only
- Peter Hitchens: “I’m not sure our political system will survive the turmoil”
- After this New Wave of Lockdowns, Most People Will Accept Any “Solution” Because They Will be So Desperate
- Coronavirus vaccine: Pfizer given protection from legal action by UK government
- Central Bank Digital Currencies and the Global Monetary Reset