Stress and worry is part of life. If you are suddenly finding yourself nervous, scared, really worried and have no clue why you are feeling this way, you might be part of a growing trend of people suffering from anxiety. Anxiety is a feeling of uneasiness and apprehension about future uncertainties. People who are anxious imagine the worst case events and worry about these events excessively. There are some people who use prescription drugs to manage stress and anxiety, but many extremely effective natural remedies do exist. Here are some of them:
- Reduce your alcohol consumption, if your intake is high. It is largely reported by people suffering from anxiety that they feel much more anxious after they have consumed large amounts of alcohol.
- Increase your raw food and fresh juice intake.
- Use hydrotherapy by filling your bath half way with warm water, then sit in it and fill it up with water that is as hot as you can tolerate. Keep a container with cold water close by to sponge off your face as required.
- The use of imagery is great for relaxation, according to Dr. Gerard Epstein, in his book Healing Visualizations, close your eyes and imagine yourself playing a flute while riding a polo horse. As you play music on your flute, imagine viruses are extracted from your body and you kill them with your polo mallet. Do this daily.
- Listen to baroque music, which slows down your brain waves and relaxes your body.
- Get as much sleep as possible to ensure you are well rested.
- Supplement your diet with flaxseed oil, magnesium, B complex, multi amino acids, and vitamin C. See a health care provider for amounts.
- Limit your sweetener intake, this includes natural sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid any products that are extremely high in caffeine. If you are in a habit of drinking coffee each morning, switch to decaffeinated coffee.
- Get up and exercise whenever you feel extremely anxious. By getting up and moving around you are taking your focus away from anxiety onto other things. This is extremely effective, as it interrupts your internal pattern.
- Aromatherapy can be used with lavender and clary sage fragrances.
- Walnut flower and siberian gingeng herbal remedies can be used to tone the nervous system.
- Get a neck and shoulder massage, a daily 15-minute Hellerwork self-massage is recommended.
- Use laughter therapy, by watching a comedy or listening to some humor. Laughter makes a positive impact on your emotional health.
It may take a while to find the perfect solution for your needs depending on exactly what factors are producing the stress and anxiety. However see a doctor, if you experience panic attacks, periods of intense fear, or other symptoms such as headaches, breathlessness, muscle pain, or your anxiety is causing you to avoid certain people, places or situations.