Defined as walking the way of wisdom, basic concepts of the Tao Te Ching include breath-watching, visualization and affirmation. Authors Lynch and Huang of Working Out, Working Within, state that success in life is attained through following several Tao principles:
- Spontaneity – through being spontaneous you learn personal power and attain self-discovery.
- Non-interference – work with nature not against it, follow the path of least resistance
- Stillness in Motion/Movement – through focusing on the act.
- Polarity Balancing – understand that all has two polarities and accept it.
- Change & Transformation – have the flexibility to change in accordance to the natural cycles.
- The Vital Force of Life – learn that all is made up of chi, and learn how to harness the power of it.
- Personal Power – see setbacks as strengths, opportunities to grow, and understand that power is achieved by not seeking power at all.
- Windflow Grace – naturally swim with the flow, not against it and enjoy the process.
Source: Working Out, Working Within, by Jerry Lynch and Chungliang Al Huang