Conversations host Harry Kreisler welcomes writer Glenn Greenwald for a discussion of his new book, “With Liberty and Justice for Some.” Greenwald traces his intellectual odyssey; analyzes the relationship between principle, power, and law; and describes the erosion of the rule of law in the United States. Highlighting the degree to which the legal system frees the powerful from accountability while harshly treating the powerless, Greenwald describes the origins of the current system, its repudiation of American ideals, and the mechanisms which sustain it. He then analyzes the media’s abdication of its role as watchdog role. He concludes with a survey of the the record of the Obama administration in fulfilling its mandate, argues for an alternative politics, and offers advice for students as they prepare for the future.
- Gender-neutral playing cards?
- Coronavirus Scandal Breaking in Merkel’s Germany. False Positives and the Drosten PCR Test
- One World Governance and the Council on Foreign Relations. “We Shall have World Government… by Conquest or Consent.”
- Is ‘Stakeholder Capitalism’ Newspeak for Economic Fascism?
- Antonio Gramsci, Cultural Marxism, Wokeness, and Leninism 4.0