On June 9, 2011, the Center for Inquiry-New York City and NYC Skeptics hosted noted skeptic and bestselling author Michael Shermer for a talk about his new book, “The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies—How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths.” The event was held at the Auditorium on Broadway.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, and the Trajectory of Human Civilization
- One Rule for Me: ‘High Value’ Executives, Athletes, Media Freed from Two Weeks’ COVID Quarantine
- Australian Court Upholds Sacking of Academic for Criticising US and Israeli Militarism
- EU’s Coronavirus Christmas Rules: No Communal Singing, Televised Church Only
- Peter Hitchens: “I’m not sure our political system will survive the turmoil”