There are more than one reason why many believe Tai Chi helps reduce the painful effects of arthritis. It’s because Tai Chi doesn’t focus only on the medical aspects but also in the healing properties of the mind and an inner energy that is called as Qi.
The power of the positive mind can cure a lot of sickness and disabilities. A positive mind can help integrate and hasten healing. Tai Chi connects the mind and body manipulation of the mind that is conscious. It directs the internal force within the body and the internal force directs the movement that is produced. Upon practicing Tai Chi, a person focuses on the coordination and focuses on the movements of the body. Through mental training, Tai Chi enhances mind clarity, uplifts the mood and improves proper relaxation.
There have been studies about Tai Chi as an alternative treatment for arthritis and as concluded, it has been found that it complements and can stand on its own as a treatment. The great power of the mind is modified as one of the most powerful and effective tool to prevent arthritis.
Qi is known as the energy in the life of a person. This kind of energy is derived from the combination of three essentials namely: air we breathe in, Qi of kidney and Qi from water and food that is absorbed by the body from the digestive system. Once Qi circulates in the body, it performs numerous tasks to let systems in the body perform well. If you let Qi penetrate in your body and maintain strong relativity with it, then you will become stronger and healthier.
Through the slow and gentle movements of Tai Chi, it enables the opening of channels, keeping them supple and strong. It maintains the muscle’s rhythmic exhibitions. If you are someone who wanted Qi to radiate inside the body and be further enhanced, Tai Chi is the answer. Fields of Chinese medicine stated that arthritis can be also the end effect of a very slow and sluggish flow of the internal energy.
Programs for Tai Chi have been verified in a lot of ways but all ends up in three objectives:
- Provide safety and precision to learn the different techniques in the most accepted practices that will fit people of all ages.
- Relieve the pain that is caused by stiffness of the muscles and bones and the other causes of arthritis that is related to the problem.
- Improve the body’s relaxation and maintain a healthy way of life.
Characteristics of programs aimed for Tai Chi preventing arthritis goes as follows:
- High stances to make it easy for people to adapt and learn.
- Steps that is agile. This is the one factor that is concerned with the improved mobility and is very essential in the practice of Tai Chi to people with arthritis.
- Numerous Qigong movements and exercises can improve relaxation and promote healing.
No matter how people look at it, Tai Chi has already proven its worth in terms of arthritis treatment. The thing is, you have to look for the proper program that has the purpose of eliminating the effects of arthritis and eventually getting rid of it. Make sure that the program offers complete sets of basic and advanced forms of exercises.