The past decade has seen a profound increase in use of entertainment technology by children, some as young as age one. Developmental delay, obesity, attention deficit, and learning disabilities are now the norm.
A research review regarding the impact of technology on child development, behavior, and academic performance.
- Infants watch 2.5 hours per day of TV and 25% have TV’s in their bedrooms.
- Children use 7.5 hours per day of entertainment technology, and 75% have a device (TV, video games, internet, movies, cell phones and iPods) in their bedroom.
- 30% of children will enter kindergarten developmentally delayed
- 14.3% of children, have been diagnosed with a mental illness
- 25% of children are obese
- 30% of children require special education assistance
Read More: Perverse Effect of “Technology” on Children